Friday, April 24, 2015

Press On!

I have four kids! That right there should be it's own blog post!!! hahaha! I am sure that statement in and of itself causes a whirlwind of emotions.  Lots of joy, lots of fun, but lots of work and lots of pressure.  Even if there is only one child in the family, the experience is all the same.  Yes, parenting has taught me so much and I would never want to go back and erase the fact that I have children but geez, its a struggle!!!  The hardest thing for me, I think, has been to overcome the temporary bouts of anger and immature fits by continuing to be loving, kind and forgiving.  I'll be real, sometimes I get so ticked that I start acting like the child, telling them to leave me alone and to not talk me anymore!  Later in the day if they ask me to play with them, read to them or just hold them and sit with them I am more inclined not to because I am still upset about the way they spoke to me or treated me! LOL! As I am writing this I am literally laughing out loud because it feels silly to me now how immature I can be when it comes to that.  I turn into one of them! Ugh!


After a while of tackling issues with my children and not seeing the fruit of my labor, it is super easy for me to lose hope and feel defeated.  My reaction at this point is the "forget it, I'm done!" attitude.  Sadly, this is a dangerous place to be.  Why?  Because if I follow through with that temptation, I am forfeiting the very thing that I love and for which I have so much passion! 


John 10:10 says that Satan comes only to steal, to kill and to destroy.  Satan's desire is that I sacrifice all that is important to me, and to God.  There is a reason God blessed me with a passion to be a stay-at-home mom.  For you, it might be fitness.  God may have called you to be a living testimony and a true hope to those struggling with their health and weight issues.  If you give up after a while of working hard, and not seeing the fruit of that work as quickly as you expected, trust me...you are not the only one missing the blessing of that work.  There is a line of people, appointed by the Lord, waiting to hear about "what you used to be like, what happened, and what you are like now!" (BB pg. 58) Maybe for you it is song writing, cooking, baking, computer programming, overcoming an addiction or fear, or maybe it's writing a book.  The list could go on and on.  Think of a burning desire God has placed on you.  You are not the only one intended to benefit from your pursuit of it!  There are parents, grandchildren, chefs, writers, innovators down the line ready to be inspired by YOU and your story!


So you see, for you to give up would bring Satan so much pleasure because your freedom is not the only freedom at stake.   There are hundreds and possibly thousands of others you will eventually impact!  So I suppose my purpose in writing today is to encourage you to press on and keep on keeping on.  If not for your sake, do it for the multitude of people that I am certain God will bring into blessing and promise because of your constant effort and your refusal to quit!  Do it for the line of people waiting to hear your testimony!


"So don't get tired of doing what is good!  At just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing IF WE DO NOT GIVE UP!" (Galatians 6:9 emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment