Monday, August 24, 2009

Strength Perfected

"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness..."
2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)


This past Sunday had to have been one of the most oppressive days I have had in a long while! You would probably laugh if I told you the details because truly, these things that got to me, are silly, especially in light of my past struggles. But I have to tell ya...I truly felt Satan's foot on my neck!

I finally make it to service, after a hectic and trying morning, and sat down and attempted to attain some sort of peace. As I sat there, I looked all around and began to think of how puny I was feeling. I felt so frail and empty. I felt vulnerable and extremely weak. Hagar's word's came to my mouth and I whispered, "God, you see me!" And it was as if those few words opened up the gates of heaven with revelation because thoughts kept flooding my mind of how all-knowing and all-powerful God truly is. How He doesn't skip a beat and never sleeps. How HE is soo on top of things, yes, even of the things going on in MY life! I instantly felt a greater respect, adoration and reverence for the Lord. I admired Him more and loved Him more and I could feel how even my trust in Him grew from just those few moments in thought. I cried and I cried and I cried some more. And these were not tears of sadness but tears of awareness. Awareness of His presence and His power and His great and glorious Love! And I thanked Him for my weakness. I thanked Him for my weakness that day because it was through that weakness that I was able to grasp the caliber of His strength! And right then and there He said to me, "for my strength is made perfect in weakness Monica." And like a ton of bricks it hit me! This scripture isn't saying that God's strength was not perfect until I had some sort of weakness. And then as a result of my weakness His strength was made perfect. God IS PERFECT, so His strength has been perfect all along. But not in my mind. In my mind doubt still lingered at times and preoccupation with my troubles would hang around me because of my level of trust in God and His love. And what this magnificent scripture is saying is that His strength is magnified in my spirit and mind due to this weakness! The reality of His great power is solidified by my thorn in the flesh! Glory to Him who is LOVE!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment