Friday, February 27, 2015

Friends!!! Who needs them???

Seriously! "Friends," pfft...Who needs them right??? JUST KIDDING!!!  I'm just kidding, really...but one time I found myself so defeated and frustrated that I actually had that thought!  I have spent a lot of my time chasing after people that really just aren't that interested in me.  I have goo-ed and gaa-ed over certain people.  I don't really know why...maybe because they seemed cool, or because I wanted to soak up their wisdom,  or maybe just the fleshly desire to be a part of a higher echelon.  I know right? Pretty sick...But no matter how hard I tried they never really felt led to spend time with me.  I strived to attain their friendship all to end up exhausted in trying to make something happen that just wasn't there.

Then God, in His really cool way of being, opened my eyes one day and allowed for me to see and be grateful for the multitudes of people who genuinely love me and actually feel attracted to me!  Don't get me wrong...I am most certainly NOT saying that those who didn't want to spend time with me were absolute jerks.  Not at all!  God helped me to see that I and these people simply did not mesh.  It wasn't personal.
 
I truly believe that God, long ago, had assigned certain people to me to breath into, and to breathe in from...the rest weren't meant for me!  When I finally realized this I felt so much freedom and peace and blessedness in walking out and nurturing my current relationships...those God sent to me. And it is so cool because these people genuinely liked me and weren't even turned off or scared when I would share my personal "freak-out" moments or my frailties! And that, in my opinion, is pure gold!

And you know what?  If some of the things were personal, like maybe I looked too needy, too depressed or too angry or whatever other negative quality you could think of, that is ok too!  I also needed to realize that I need to leave my junk at the cross.  Only the Holy Spirit can remove those things from me, and sometimes he works excruciatingly slow!  When I am in those mindsets I have tried to get rid of them myself yet no matter how hard I try, I fail and I continue on in that funk!  But even then, God's promise rings true...that He withholds NOTHING that is good for you!  Psalm 84:11 puts it this way, "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."  And HOW is my walk made blameless??? Simply by saying yes to Jesus! Receive His sacrifice for all your funky junk and as a result when God sees you He doesn't see the funk, He sees His blameless son!

So, in the end, I suppose that I just want to encourage you.  If this is you today, know that God loves you so much that He will not withhold even a good potential friend from you,  not one!!! Regardless of your funky junk. In your good and in your bad, those friendships that are good for you in that season, God will surely provide! 

In closing, I guess I can sum it up in this...stop jackin' with the divine friendship assignments! 
LOVE EVERYONE! CHERISH the ones that are yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment